Great news: Interfaith is spearheading efforts to get donations to migrants arriving in Denver who are most in need! The Interfaith Alliance of Colorado has been steadfastly working since December to connect migrants with resources including temporary shelter, food, clothing, and other needs.
Interested donors should bring items to our donation site at First Baptist Church at 1373 Grant St., either on Thursdays between 10am and 1pm, or Fridays between 12pm and 3pm. Enter via the Grant St side, and follow the signs to the donation center downstairs. No items will be accepted outside of these times, and donated items will not be distributed at this location.
As of February 23, the highest priority items needed for donation are:
- Menstrual hygiene products
- Baby wipes
- New or gently used men’s winter clothes (small and medium only)
- New socks, underwear/boxers, jackets, hats, gloves, and sweatpants
- Backpacks and/or medium size duffel bags
- Large and XL men’s belts
- Men’s shoes and work boots, size 7-10
- Shower sandals
- Travel-size shampoo and conditioner
For additional information, visit the city website here.
Anyone wishing to volunteer can call 970-363-4777, or email email@example.com.