The Interfaith Alliance of Colorado invites you to attend the 2018 DAY AT THE LEGISLATURE: #MeToo and Beyond!
Join us to learn about the legislative process, tour the Capitol, and meet your State Senator and Representative! Additionally, we will focus on how to be an effective advocate for issues you care about most passionately.
EXCITING NEWS: This year we are focusing on women and the #MeToo Movement. We are thrilled to announce our panelists for the conversation about #MeToo & Beyond:
1. The Honorable Crisanta Duran for Colorado, Speaker of the Colorado State House, House District 5, Denver
2. Representative Faith Winter, House District 35, Adams County
3. Representative Jeni Arndt, Assistant Majority Caucus Chair, House District 53, Larimer County
4. Reverend Tawana Davis, Co-Founder of Soul 2 Soul (faith-based racial justice organization focused on Black healing & liberation)
Join us for a conversation about the #metoo movement happening at the local level, in the political world and in our lives. We will examine sexual harassment and sexual misconduct in the work place. We intend to name it, claim it, and broaden it to call out the fullness of what it means to support women. Our panelists will shed light on policies that could/would and should protect women!
This year we have added two new sections:
1. We are rolling out an Advocacy Tool Kit that you can take back and implement in your communities, AND
2. We will be doing a deep dive into using faith language in testimony
The cost to attend is $30, which includes coffee and bagels, lunch, and materials.
RSVP ASAP by JANUARY 19, 2018, as space is limited and we expect the event to fill up quickly.
** Please note, we ask for your full address so that we can match you with the legislator who represents you at the Capitol. This information will not be shared. **
Additionally, we will be walking from the Capitol building to the Denver Public Library (on Broadway, about two blocks) for the lunch and panel portion of the day.
– Pay-to-park lot, north of the Capitol (between Colfax and 13th, on Grant)- bring cash
– Pay-to-park lot, Broadway between 11th and 12th, near the Denver Art Museum
– Street parking (You will need to feed the meter as they are only valid for 1-2 hours)
Event Location: Colorado State Capitol | 200 East Colfax Avenue| Room: HCR0112
Purchase Tickets HERE