Welcome to the Interfaith Youth Camp of Metro Denver!
We hope your child is able to join us for this exciting week of fun, learning, growth and relational connection with kids representing many faith traditions.
- The camp will be Monday thru Friday, July 23-27 from 9am to 4pm, for current 6th through 8th graders (2017-2018 school year)
- Camp will be held at five different places of worship. You would be responsible to get your child to each location by 9am every morning, and picked up by 4pm. We expect children to be at camp every day, as we believe that the community they build and experience is as important, if not more important, than the actual content of the camp.
- Campers should wear clothing that is comfortable and modest. We will also provide space and time for prayer.
- Mornings will be spent with members from the host community, where the kids will learn about their traditions, rituals and beliefs in fun and interactive ways.
- Lunch will be provided, with care taken to insure that dietary needs are met.
- After lunch, the kids will engage in community building games. They will then break into groups and cycle through 3 content areas: Nonviolent Conflict Resolution, Media Literacy and Cultural Competency.
- At 4 o’clock, we invite you to tour the host site, which will give you an opportunity to learn a bit about that faith tradition.
Locations for each day are listed below:
Monday- Colorado Muslim Society 2071 S. Parker Rd. Denver, Co 80231
Tuesday- The Kirk of Bonnie Brae United Church of Christ 1201 S Steele St. Denver, Co 80210
Wednesday- Temple Emanuel 51 Grape St. Denver, Co 80220
Thursday- Tri State Buddhist Temple 1947 Lawrence St. Denver, Co 80202
Friday- Colorado Gurdwara 7275 S Lima St Englewood, Co 80112
Please complete this registration form by May 1, 2018.
Cost: $60.00 (Payment –Under the section ‘Where do you want your donation directed?’ SELECT the drop down for the Interfaith Youth Camp )
Additional Info Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org